Signals and Communications
SYSTRA is a leader in the rail transportation industry in designing improved signal, train control and communications systems. We are comprised of leading professionals and are prepared to help meet our clients’ present and future needs.
We have seen unprecedented changes in the signaling and communications industry – from the rapid consolidation of suppliers to the advent of positive train control and an increased reliance on the design-build delivery method. Our clients have come to depend on us to keep their existing systems in a state-of-good-repair, while guiding them through the myriad of options available for the next major capital investment.
- Block Design with SYSTRA’s industry leading Railsim© Software.
- Track circuit layout, including bonding and negative return provisions.
- Application design and programming for solid-state interlocking products – Microlok, VPI, iVPI, VHLC and ElectrologIXS of all generations/vintages.
- Contract delivery packaging: design-bid-build, design-build, or detailed circuit design-ready for shop wiring.
Field Testing and Commissioning:
- Cutover planning, test/plan procedure development, FRA compliance testing.
- Oversight/guidance of Contractor and Railroad Force-account personnel.
- Adjustment and troubleshooting of wayside signal apparatus.
- Positive Train Control.
- Regulatory documentation development for FRA – PTCIP, product type approval, test plans and test reporting.
- WIU application design and programming, maintenance of wayside database, interface with signal system underlay.
- Passenger station and building systems – CCTV, PA, Customer Information Signs, Intrusion Detection, Access Control, SCADA.
- Control Center planning and design.
- Wayside communications infrastructure – copper and fiber system layout, network planning and provisioning.
- Train control communications – vital and non-vital (office) systems.
- System coverage mapping/studies and performance testing.
- 220 MHz PTC wireless system planning, design and FCC regulatory compliance.