Safety and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
SYSTRA operates in ways that enhance our our society and the environment. We are home to people who work daily to solve technical challenges, sustaining growth and prosperity. Safety for all is our top priority.
A Company Culture Built on Safety
Fully aware of our responsibility with regard to individuals, we have a policy for ‘Health, Safety and Security’ called ‘3S’ in French. This policy confirms the commitment of our leadership and all SYSTRA staff concerning these subjects. It aims to protect SYSTRA’s teams and subcontractors, as well as the clients’ staff, manufacturers, operators and users of the transportation systems that we design, supervise, test and put into service.
Our 3S ambition includes the following commitments, that all our staff must abide by and ensure that others abide by:
- 100 % owner: act, work and move around in a responsible fashion, applying the instructions in the ‘9 Life-Saving Rules’ guide created by SYSTRA;
- 100 % aware: constantly strive to identify anything that endangers peoples’ health and physical or mental integrity; ensure the reduction and control of these risks before any decision or action;
- 100 % learning: immediately identify any accident or incident; call attention to any safety-critical error or technical risk; analyse their causes and take corrective action; share feedback on experiences;
- 100% leader: be in a position to influence the various stakeholders in the projects in which we participate, beyond our statutory and contractual obligations; we rely on our expertise to implement safer projects together.
Office and Site Safety
Our focus is on providing a safe, secure and healthy work environment for office, field and construction environments through Hazard Recognition and Mitigation. Before any of our staff is mobilized to a Project, our Project Manager develops a Project specific Hazard Assessment Safety Action Plan (HASAP) that contains a Safety Risk Assessment with detailed Hazard Recognition, Mitigation and Control Measures that will be taken.
After mobilization to a Project, our staff use Safe Plans of Action (SPA) or Go/ No-Go Cards to assess and mitigate hazards on a daily basis in their dynamic work environments. They will stop, intervene and take action when unsafe conditions or acts are discovered.
During construction, we work with contractors to develop a Site Safety Culture that is safe, incident and injury free. We monitor and hold the contractor accountable for their approved Safety Plans and strive for continuous safety improvement.
Corporate Social Responsibility
SYSTRA operates in ways that enhance our society and the environment. We are home to people who work daily to solve technical challenges, sustaining growth and prosperity. Our employees generate our success; therefore, SYSTRA cultivates talent and skills to support our growth plan.
SYSTRA’s reputation for honesty and integrity is based on exemplary business conduct and adherence to a strict code of ethics. Our employees work in a culture that is fair and ethical. We also promote sustainability, and value LEED design criteria and its impact on individuals and the environment. SYSTRA actively contributes to reducing our environmental impact through our projects and in our offices.
At SYSTRA we inspire confidence in the communities we serve, providing safe and lasting transportation solutions. This common purpose enables us to achieve our mission and vision, inspiring trust among our employees and clients. We demonstrate an unwavering commitment to sustain growth and prosperity for all stakeholders.
We live up to our four primary objectives in terms of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):
- have a positive influence on society;
- preserve the environment;
- protect the people under our responsibility;
- be exemplary where ethics are concerned.
Click here for more information related to CSR activities from the SYSTRA Group.