NYCT | Design, Procurement, and Construction Support for CBTC/AWS Systems for the 8th Avenue Line
SYSTRA is helping NYCT transform its aging subway system rapidly to a completely modern metro system unmatched by any system in the world.
To that end, NYCT has developed a long-term strategy that is supplier independent and can be maintained efficiently for decades. NYCT has reached the deployment phase of its long-term Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) strategy to achieve an interoperable CBTC system on the A and B divisions.
NYCT selected SYSTRA to support the deployment of the CBTC/AWS systems on the 8th Avenue Line. Specifically, SYSTRA is the prime consultant for design, procurement, and construction support
services for the CBTC and Auxiliary Wayside Signal (CBTC/AWS) systems for the line.
The work involves preparing the Invitation for Bid (IFB) package of the CBTC portion that will allow for successful procurement and implementation and provide CBTC technical support during construction while adhering to the schedule and budget.
The main characteristics of the project include:
- Compliance with I2S.
- Provision, configuration, qualification, installation, and testing of zone controllers in train control rooms.
- Provision, configuration, qualification, and testing of carborne controllers onboard trains.
- Installation and testing of radio DCS and transponder equipment.
- Provision, configuration, qualification, installation, and testing of the wayside DCS network.
- Survey of track elements and preparation of the system database.
- Overall testing.
- Safety certification.
- Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) assessment.
- Operator and maintainer training.