NYCT | Consultant Construction Management Services for ADA Upgrade of Bedford Park Boulevard Station
SYSTRA is leading the team managing the pre-construction, construction, and closeout phases of the ADA Upgrade at Bedford Park Boulevard Station.
The SYSTRA Team is responsible for construction management and contract administration services, as well as construction inspection, contractor quality control, non-conformance, Requests for Information, and CPM scheduling.
Bedford Park Boulevard Station is a key entry point into NYCT’s subway system for the Bedford Park neighborhood in the Bronx. Opened in 1933, the station was constructed before the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed, so the station does not accommodate persons with disabilities. This station is part of NYCT’s commitment to make 100 key stations ADA accessible.
The work involves installation of three new elevators to provide ADA accessibility to the mezzanine from street level, and both platforms from the mezzanine. Other work includes installing ADA-compliant metal treads and handrails for all stairways and new ADA access/boarding areas, as well as new detection rails and running boards along the length of both platforms. New ADA signage, curbs, and sidewalks are also being installed.
Construction activities are taking place near train, street, and pedestrian traffic. As such, close coordination with agency stakeholders and the community are essential. Extensive safety measures
are an integral part of this work.
Construction engineering and inspection services include:
- Construction inspection and oversight to ensure procedures and materials comply with plans and
- Contractor’s activities inspection and documentation.
- Inspector’s daily report preparation.
- Examination of quality of installations for conformity to standards and specifications.
- Drawings and specifications reviews.
- Records maintenance.
- Project meetings participation.
- Contractor’s schedule monitoring.
- Change order review and completion assistance.
- Monitor and documentation of materials delivered and incorporated into the work.
- Punchlist preparation and completion.